Emergi is introducing electric kekehs in Liberia
Why are we doing this?
Emergi wants to introduce a more sustainable and inclusive means of transport! This means:
- Less pollution in the city
- Less noise for the driver
- More income for the driver
- Inclusion of female drivers
- Better service for customers
- Reduced cost of ownership (from US$4,000 to US$2,500 per year)
- Reduced CO2 emissions and a positive impact on the environment
- Liberia's resilience is improved as locally produced renewable energy reduces dependency on unreliable gasoline import
Why are we doing this in Liberia specifically?
- Big impact because the transport sector in Liberia is outdated
- More straightforward to create a positive change due to the size of the country
- Liberia has many difficult challenges; by overcoming them we can learn a lot and scale up quickly in neighboring countries
Read More here.